KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Suggestions for a low maintenace, low operating cost, seaworthy power boat 40 - 45'?

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"ron" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone have suggestions? I subscribe to the KISS principle and have
lived, off and on for 20years on a CAL 34 sailboat. That boat has no
pressure water and no hot water and I've been perfectly happy boiling
water whenever I need hot water.

However I need more space and don't feel that I can handle a larger
sailboat by myself. I'd like to keep my purchase below $100,000, and
certainly below $150,000. The boats I've gravitated to are the
Roughwater 41 and the Gulfstar 43.

I'd be interested in what others might suggest. By the way I live in
the Pacific NW.

You might like to look into an early-70's CT-41, non-pilothouse version.
The hulls are exceptionally well-built, William Garden designed. If the
boat has or had laid teak decks, be certain to examine the decks
thoroughly for signs of core leaks/rot. Also examine the entire deckhouse
for signs of dryrot. But if you find a good one, you have an excellent
boat. You'll be hard-pressed to find a 40 foot boat that is more seakindly
or seaworthy. And the best examples are shrines to exquisite woodwork down
below.

As to mechanical and electrical, and tanks, examine them carefully also,
of course.

All moot, of course, since I didn't catch that you were looking for power
boats.