Larry Weiss Larry Weiss is offline

Default West Marine

Eisboch wrote:
Anybody go shopping lately at West Marine?

I hadn't been there for a couple of years. I stopped in today because I was
thinking of picking up three new LED type cockpit light fixtures to replace
the halogen bulb types.
I did this a few years ago in the upper station .... replaced the stock
halogens with red LED types. IIRC, the fixtures were about 15 bucks each
then.

Found them today at West Marine and grabbed three. Then I noticed the price.
$34.95 each. Hung them back on the display rack.

Talk about big oil ripping off the customers.

35 bucks for a 75 cent plastic fixture and a 2 dollar LED?

Gimmie a break.

Eisboch

Many boaters on Long Island have had it with West to the point where
they have closed several stores. The stores that are left are poorly
stocked and overpriced.

Meanwhile the local mom and pops are thriving. Good for them.

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"