HK HK is offline

Default JohnH's army buddies??

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2007 07:45:44 -0400, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2007 07:32:01 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2007 00:47:29 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

John... If this guy is a friend of yours, tell him I'm not interested in
shady deals and to stop e-mailing me.

"Dear Friend,

I am an American soldier, In foreign service with the Third infantry
Division in Iraq . I and my superior moved part of discovered funds
As long as he's not selling a little-used Parker, you should take him up on
it.

Now, stop talking and save gas.
Anybody notice that it's the plot from "Three Kings"?

Morons.

Which of course was a less-than-first-rate remake of Kelly's Heroes, a
really terrific movie that in addition to a plot and lots of truly funny
lines and scenes had Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Carrol O'Connor, Don
Rickles, Donald Sutherland, and Harry Dean Stanton.

I didn't like either move actually.

I thought they both sucked.

I liked and still like Kelly's Heroes. It is a pretty funny anti-war
movie. Of course, I also liked Dr. Strangelove and The Mouse that
Roared, the latter probably the funniest anti-war movie ever.

The world view of the United States sure has changed. In "The Mouse,"
the premise was that if you warred with the United States, after you
lost, the Americans would come over and rebuild your country and your
economy, ala Germany, Italy, and Japan. Nowadays, we just send over the
corporate looters.