posted to rec.boats.electronics
Daniele Fua Daniele Fua is offline

Default transceiver- and navtex-antenna too close to one another

Len ha scritto:
Ok, thanks for the responses.
I'll install an active antenna for the navtex via a switch
and disconnect it when I use the transceiver.

Regards, Len.

Just to be safe I would recommend putting also two parallelled
criss-crossed fast diodes (possibly germanium) from the navtex antenna
input to ground. Any spurious signal greater than 0.2 V would be safely
grounded. Just be sure that you put the diodes in a point where the DC
power to the active antenna is no more present - i.e. on the right side
of a condenser along the antenna circuit.

Regards
Daniel