posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Death Wish?

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2007 11:24:40 -0400, Charlie Morgan
wrote:

In New York we lose millions in lost time as hundreds people getting to work
each day by bus have to wait for riders in wheel chairs to get loaded using
specially constructed elevators on each bus. It would be much more
cost-effective just to pay for limousines to transport those folk, but that
wouldn't make enough of a "statement."

Just thank your good fortune that you aren't in one of those
wheelchairs.

You would prefer to ride the bus rather than a limousine if you were
confined to a wheelchair?

I think I would rather the bus, myself....having a limo pull up makes
for all kinds of conjectures plus sets one apart from the general
public. Many places have Dial-a-Ride but from my experience in the elder
care business, it is not reliable in most places and sometimes people
get stranded for hours waiting for their ride to show up. If you're
handicapped, that could be a major problem. Go talk to some workers that
are handicapped and find out which they'd prefer. Maybe some might
prefer the limo, but I bet not the majority.