Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Price of Diesel vs Petrol engines?

On 15 May 2007 10:19:11 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

At
33-feet it's still something of a toss-up, but for anything larger I
still feel that for most folks diesel would be a better choice.

Depends on weight as much as length. My old boat was 33 ft but a
heavy 21,000 lbs. It would have been a *much* better boat with
diesels.

One advantage of diesels that I don't think you mentioned is increased
fuel range, assuming equal tankage. All else being equal a diesel
powered boat will go almost twice as far between fill ups. That's
very important for some boats and some uses.