posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal Pascal is offline

Default New Simrad AI50 Class B AIS Transponder

On 11 maio, 00:57, Larry wrote:
Pascal wrote in news:1178825813.503235.46380
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

What I want to know is where we can buy it in Europe now, since I can
ask a friend to bring one to me without aggregate more import taxes.
Preferable in UK since it is more easy to have people coming to Brazil
from there. I think that this unit would take so much time to be
available at Miltech Marine in USA.

FCC says you can't buy it in the USA. From the webpages I read over from
European dealers, I don't think you can buy it there, yet, either. It
looks like they're taking initial orders. NONE of them had more than a
guess as to the pricing, reinforcing my belief the thing is still vaporware
(unavailable for sale).

Larry
--

Yes Larry, You are wright, and I have seen some comments about AIS
Class B that worry me a lot, that is: it send position only after 30

I think I will wait much more time to see how this thing really works
or not.

Pascal