Default Survey missed bubbles in gel coat or recently developed

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:31:16 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

If it is osmotic blistering, the bubbles will ooze styrene-smelling
liquid when pierced. I would suggest testing one where it can most
easily be repaired.

Idiot! They're what's called gel-coat blisters.

Spoken like one who would seek a cancer diagnosis solely by phone. "No
need
to come in and see you, doc. Just tell me what it is."

Experience my lad, experience. Just hang around any busy boatyard and
mention the subject. There's real blisters on the bottom that are large
as your palm and deep all the way to the substrate and often filled with
blackish chemicals and then there's those little itty bitty pencil
eraser sized barely standing proud gel coat blisters that pop up alone
the waterline. They mean nothing. If they bother you sand them off and
raise the bootstripe and apply a couple coats of bottom paint. Problem
solved. Now, run along and stop bothering the professor.

Wilbur Hubbard