King5899 King5899 is offline

Default Windlass issue

I purchased a used boat last fall and it came with a Lofrans Marlin
Windlass. While out yesterday, I dropped anchor and when it came time
to retrieve it, the windlass would not pull up the rope. It appeared
to turn, but would not actually pull the rope. I pulled it up by hand,
and when it hit the chain part it pulled it in without a problem. I
verified that the windlass is Rope/Chain compatible.

Is there something I am missing, or is something wrong with the unit?

I am new to using a windlass so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MJK