posted to rec.boats.electronics
PR PR is offline

Default LF 12 volt LCD monitor 15 to 17 inch

Thank you for that advice Hanz - it seems to be a good idea. I'm actually
sourcing for a marine customer so I'll offer them that solution. Boats
definitely would have an unstable DC supply.

Russ

On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:02:26 -0400, Hanz wrote:
I would go to a computer/best buy and look at the monitor. The 12v ones
have an external 'brick'. If it has output of 12v and the monitor looks
'good' buy it.

BUT. I won't run it off the house battery. They have voltage anywhere
from 10v to 14.5v. I've been running monitor/tv and computer off my
house battery BUT I have a 12v-12v converter. Look at
:http://www.logicsupply.com/product_i...roducts_id/504

It can run from 6v to 24v. I put them into a box and run a line with the
plug into the monitor/tv.

The tv I got from Walmart and the monitors I got from BestBuy.

Hope this helps.

Hanz

PR wrote:
Would anyone happen to know of a supplier of 12 volt LCD's hopefully in
Canada? Don't need marine spec as such just 12 volt.

Thanks...