John H. John H. is offline

Default Sea Ray / Mercruiser reliability?

On Fri, 11 May 2007 15:48:15 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

HK wrote:
Marc Heusser wrote:
I'd like to get a motor boat.

The local dealer mainly sells Sea Ray.

I have read about problems with the Mercruiser motors as well as
corrosion and wet wood on the boats. Is this really a problem, or was
it just the unlucky guy?
(http://www.docksidereports.com/boatr..._sundancer.htm
http://www.everythingboats.com/ryob/...w&boat_id=1041
)

This is for a fresh water lake in Switzerland, and I am thinking of
either a small open boat (some 20 feet) or a cabin cruiser around 30
feet.

TIA

Marc

Keep shopping. For what you pay for a SeaRay, you can do a lot better.
They are overpriced substantially.

SeaRay consistently ranks at the top with J. D. Powers Qaulity Index.

http://www.boaterslife.com/sea-ray-c...d.1425.3.6.htm

Powers must not know about Parkers. Hell, Harry's boat was on the market
for only three plus years, and look what he got for it!

Oh, sorry. It hasn't sold yet.