posted to rec.boats.building
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Need Name Of (Shackle?)

Per :
Definately a Trigger Hook. Depending on what you're using it for
though, search for inglefield clips; they may be better for what you
need.

Pretty slick: no moving parts....

But my application is for attaching tie down straps to a roof
rack. The trigger snaps work well for that because they can be
easily operated while somebody is standing on tip-toe with arms
fully extended.

Spontaneous release does not seem tb an issue once they're under
tension.

Only caveat I've experienced so far is that it's possible to clip
them on is such a way that they're not fully closed - probably
because the ratio of jaw size to the size of the ring they're
clipping to is too small.
--
PeteCresswell