posted to rec.boats.electronics
Len Len is offline

Default transceiver- and navtex-antenna too close to one another

I am using an insulated backstay.
I used to feed the navtex-receiver with it.
Now I connected it to my ssb transceiver and I am looking for an
alternative antenna for the navtex.

I am told not to place the navtex antenna too close to the ssb antenna
cause the tx-power could destroy the navtex receiver.
I am now thinking about a switch that gives power a) to the ssb OR b)
to the navtex so there will be no possibility to send with the navtex
receiving.

My question: I am assuming the navtex will suffer no damage from the
radiated energy when the 12v-power to the navtex is off. Am I right?

TIA and fair winds,
Len.