Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Survey missed bubbles in gel coat or recently developed

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:40:34 -0400, "Mark"
wrote:

The buyer nor the surveyor saw the bubbles last spring, so we do not know if
the bubbles have developed since then (or why) or if they were overlooked by
the surveyor. The surveyor was hired to closely inspect the boat for
potential problems that could otherwise be overlooked by the buyer (the
buyer knew she did not know enough about boats to recognize this type of
problem). Now that she is getting more familiar with the details of the
boat (such applying the bottom wax herself), she is seeing more and asking
more. The bubbles might not even be an issue until the "expert" (the
surveyor) re-inspects the boat. The questions I am asking are merely to
help her (and myself) understand if and how bubbles can start to form, or
were they potentially ovelooked (raising the question of the value of
getting a survey done).

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
news
"Mark" wrote:

A friend purchased a small cruiser last spring and had it surveyed.
While
getting ready for this spring's launch and applying anitfouling wax she
noticed bubbles in the gelcoat. Contacting the person who did the
survey,
they said they would have a look at it again on the 20th of May with her
regular mechanic. In the meantime....

Some information removed.

One question I would have is what kind of a boat are we talking about.
I ask because of the reference to "anti fouling wax". The only boats I
am familiar with that are waxed are all out racing boats.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)