posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default New Simrad AI50 Class B AIS Transponder

Pascal wrote in news:1178807248.209992.197850
@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

I want to know who is selling this now in Europe, (please give the url
or addres) what is the price and where I can get a copy of the usr
manual for details.

Thanks

Pascal

http://www.simradyachting.com/Produc.../AIS/AI50.aspx

Click on "Downloads" for brochures, user manual, all there.

From the webpage:
"Note for the US:
The AI50 has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal
Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered
for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

Of course, as usual, Americans are excluded until the barely perceptible
bureaucratic movements make any new European technology obsolete....
(sigh)

There's lots of dealers listed if you put:

Simrad AI50

into the Google search engine. nauticexpo.com had no price but tried to
scam my browser so I'd stay away from them (UK). I don't think these
units are available, yet, from the look of the webpages at marine
electronics places. The news on them is dated Sun Mar 18...still being
prepared for release.

Nice looking units, Pascal. Let us all know what you find out and how
pricey they are being so new. Keep us posted!

Larry