posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
James James is offline

Default Seacock/Gate Valves

I need to replace some gate valves in our boat and I was looking at
Apollo Ball valves. They say that they will work with thru-the-hulls.
Since thru-the-hulls have straight pipe threads and the ball valves
have tapered pipe threads I don't see how this is possible. Am I
missing something? I know that seacocks have both straight and tapered
threads but a seacock would probably be overkill in this case.