posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Seacock/Gate Valves

On May 10, 7:55?am, "James" wrote:
I need to replace some gate valves in our boat and I was looking at
Apollo Ball valves. They say that they will work with thru-the-hulls.

Who is "they"?

Since thru-the-hulls have straight pipe threads and the ball valves
have tapered pipe threads I don't see how this is possible. Am I
missing something?

No, you're going to need to fit something with a compatibel thread.

?I know that seacocks have both straight and tapered
threads but a seacock would probably be overkill in this case.