posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Eat your heart out, Bubbles

Sounds good, Max. I'm happy for you. Got any pics?

Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...
I did a sea trial today with the owner. We dropped the

boat in the lake at
around 3pm, just about the time the wind died. With 5kts.

or less, this
boat moves as if its screw is turning. To weather it made

a consistent
3kts. and off the wind it nearly equaled what we were

measuring as apparent
wind. I thought I was on an iceboat. It will take a

while to get used to
the deep keel with bulb (7' 7") as we have lots o' shoal

water around here
now. Out on Lake Michigan it appeared to be almost dead

calm, but the boat
kept ghosting at about a knot or better. I was mightily

impressed. This
particular boat comes with two dozen sails, mostly mains,

but some decent
headsails and spinnakers, too. I'm told, however, that

I'll have to invest
in new sails if I want to be competitive, as everything in

the inventory is
already "blown out." Could have fooled me--they all

appear new. Most are
Kevlar and Spectra on a Mylar base, but there are a main

and headsail that
are bi-directional carbon and appear to be in perfect

shape. We'll no doubt
race with them this summer, at least until we get a feel

for the boat and
gain some experience. All instruments are B&G, except for

a Tacktick
compass on the mast. We really have nothing else to buy

for the boat at
the present time. I'm pumped.

Max