posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Eat your heart out, Bubbles

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 8, 8:19?pm, "Maxprop" wrote:

It's all over but the exchange of cash. We're about to be the proud
owners
of a 1D35

Very cool. The Boobster probably doesn't know what it is however.

We've been wanting a one-design racer for a while, and looked at Mumm 30s
and Melges 20s, but neither boat has a decent OD fleet around here. Both
have to compete in level racing. The 1D35s, however, have a great fleet,
and the owner of our boat is older and retiring from racing, so the rest
of the fleet is glad to keep the boat in their fleet. Either that, or
the belief that we'll be cannon fodder for them, which is probably true
for a while.

Max

Did crew come with the boat or are you going to have to scrounge on teh
dock?

The boat can be raced with three in a pinch if the weather is light. When
the wind picks up what you need most is 'railmeat,' and that's generally not
too hard to locate where this fleet launches.

Max