posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default What did these sailors do wrong?

Larry wrote:

"KLC Lewis" wrote in news:wMadnSkQm-
:

My God, this is so antithetical to America that I
can't believe you're posting it.

You don't FLY without a pilot's license, medical exam,
certification....before you fly over my house and endanger the public.

What's the difference in a boat on the ICW or harbor or shipping lane?

You are equating offshore with a boat to being on the ICW or in a
harbor or shipping lane.

They are not the same.

Someone of whatever age who watches the weather in a well found boat
is much less likely to endanger anyone (rescuer or innocent bystander)
when offshore than an ignorant person (young or old) in the ICW harbor
or shipping lane. And God knows there are plenty of them out there.

Why is that different than a Cessna 150? Any fool can fly a Cessna 150!
Hell, it flies itself unless you force it not to!

Larry

The reason older people 'get away with' sailing after your cut-off age
is that they have the knowledge and experience. They know their
limitations, and set their boat up and schedule their trips with that
in mind. Muscle won't substitute for brains.