trainfan1 trainfan1 is offline

Default Improved warranty for outboards

lid wrote:
PhantMan wrote:
My maintenance/repair bills total $1,115 so far (that's 40% of what I
paid for the motor). The warranty has covered nothing so far.

trainfan1 wrote:
Are you sure someone didn't paint "Honda" on an old Scott/McCulloch &
sell it to you?

I wish they had. I think I could keep one of those running.

The Scotts were notorious for deciding completely on their own when they
wanted to run.

By the time McCulloch came into the picture, you couldn't keep a new
outboard running. They had to age - your position today that you "think
you could keep one of those running" probably would ring true. The ones
that are left today probably run better now than they ever did new.

A stark departure for a company that made superior chain saws in the
50's & 60's.

Rob