Bruce Bruce is offline

Default self steering for the mid sized vessel

On Mon, 07 May 2007 00:28:31 GMT, "Shaun Van Poecke"
wrote:

Hi all,
Im looking for a wind vane type self steering unit for a thunderbird 26 with
a view to using it for coastal cruising on the east coast of australia. I
would be happier to buy than to build, but after having had a bit of a read
up and doing some research, it looks like most of the commercial units are
made for vessels with a minimum length of about 30 feet. Any suggestions?
I really dont have the electricity generating capabilities to run a full
time autohelm.

thanks,
Shaun

Do a Google search. I have seen at least one do-it-yourself article on
building a wind vane. (they are bloody expensive to purchase). One
thing you probably already know, they don;t work when motoring.
'
Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)