posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Here there be dictators.

"Scotty" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net.
..

I guess I was more interested in the UW on the national

level. It has been
quite a while ago, but at one time the UW reported 90%

administrative and
10% pass-through. Of course the various media crucified

the UW for that,
and changes were brought about immediately. That some fat

cats were getting
rich on the UW didn't cut it with donors or potential

recipients. The news
of the organization's malfeasance hurt it severely for a

while. I'm
confident that your 10% administrative is probably not far

off the national
level now.

My wife and I contribute about $5000 to the UW each year.

While we'd like
to have the time to investigate which individual charities

might better be
served through direct donations, we find it more expedient

to use the UW. I
believe that's what the UW was chartered for in the first

place: folks like
us.

Next year you could give me that money, and I'll see that it
*all* goes to a worthy cause.

Give till it hurts!

Sure thing, Scooter. Will ya take a check, heh, heh . . .

Max