[email protected] revans@usintegration.com is offline

Default cruising the McClellan-Kerr canal

On Apr 30, 3:32 pm, wrote:
I am interested in information from individuals who have sailed the
McClellan-Kerr canal from Tulsa to the Mississippi.
I expect to take that route from Tulsa to the Mississippi and on to
the gulf and cruise the coast from Texas to Florida within the year.
I would like to hear about experiences of those who have sailed along
those shores.
Richard

Richard:
I live in Tulsa, OK. My family has enjoyed many days exploring the
McClellan-Kerr Navigation Channel from the port of Catoosa (mile 445)
to as far as Russellville, AR (mile 208). Our greatest asset is the
"Navigation Charts" I bought many years ago from the Tulsa office of
the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.

My version is dated 1983 and covers Catoosa to the Mouth of the White
River. While the charts are a little old, they still are handy for
markers, natural features, bridge heights, locks and approaches. The
biggest difference is the number of campsites and facilites that are
now closed. It seems the Corp over-estimated the recreational
attraction of this project.

I would be happy to share a copy of the 74 charts in this chartset if
they are no longer available.
Rick Evans
s/v ECHO