posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Here there be dictators.

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

I don't think it's good...but sitting here and griping and complaining
about it certainly doesn';t change anything...like I said, if you don't
like things the way they are then get off your butt and get out there and
change things...that's the only way that the PEOPLE are going to get back
their governemnt..they have to become active participants...and they can
use the vehicles already established to infiltrate or they can create
their own new ways...I write letters to Congressmen all the time..do you"
I respond to surveys if they are woirthwhile...I write network television
stations and complain when something doesn't suit me..I write
manufactuter's when products are subp par or are defective...I give my
money to organizations that represent my interests...and not to blanket
charities like United Way...all I'm saying is that sitting on
alt.sailing.asa griping and moaning about the conditions of the world is a
futile endeavor...stop talking about it and get out there and do something
about it...

I admire your persistent faith in the system, K. I guess I've been around
long enough to have become cynical. I've watched grass-roots movements rise
and fall without effect. I've watched small corporations get kicked around
and dissolved by big money and its influence with government. I pay a
horrendous bill in FICA, only to be told I'm unlikely to ever see even a
reasonable percentage of it returned by SS. And I see the man for whom I
voted and believed to be honorable and decent slide into the hip pockets of
every special interest that gave him a few bucks for his
election/re-election. Yeah, I'm cynical.

Max

There's a difference between cynacism and defeatism...You can be a cynic
or a skeptic and still go on...it doens't mean you have to lie down in
defeat...