Joe Parsons

Default Volunteers Needed To Locate Radio Pirate, Tampa Bay Area

On 19 Aug 2003 12:36:46 -0700, (Boating Safety Comm
Volunteers) wrote:

(rec.radio.cb,alt.fishing,rec.boats.crusing,rec.b oats)

This Saturday, August 23, beginning at 7AM EST, at least one volunteer
boat will be cruising the Tampa Bay area in order to gather evidence
of an alleged pirate radio operator. His name is unknown, but he goes
by the handle of "Twistedhed", he is an illegal radio operator who
encourages others to do the same.

If you have a boat and are in the Tampa area, please join us in our
effort. You will be helping to contribute to the public good. Such
"radio pirates" often interfere with health and safety communications
and emergency transmissions. The purpose of this Saturday's activity
is to gain evidence to get "Twistedhed" busted for his freeband
violations by the FCC office in Tampa.

[snip]

If you have a boat and are in the Tampa Bay area, we need your help.

To catch Twistedhed on the freeband and get him "FCC busted",
we will need to have solid evidence. One way is to photograph
him on his boat with a telephoto lens. Get the boat's name and
reg. number also in the photo. At the same time a recording
must be made of the operator illegally transmitting. It may be
difficult but it CAN be done. This method has been proven
successful by hams in North Carolina for catching illegal
truckers on 10 meters.

Hey...if we can't get Saddam or Osama...

Joe Parsons