Don W Don W is offline

Default cruising the canals of europe

the_bmac wrote:
Don W wrote:

Why allow yourself to be insulted en Francais by the French, when the
English are mostly polite and friendly? And if they aren't, you can
at least understand their insults '-)

my experience in France was that it was mostly loud Americans who used
the "maybe if I speak English really loudly he'll understand" method of
communicating with the French -who not surprisingly speak French- were
the ones getting insulted

(Shrug) Maybe. I have had good experiences in
French territories (F.P. & Martinique).

However, I've heard second hand stories about the
rudeness of the French waiters to _all_ customers,
and not just the Americans and Brits. I have not
experienced this myself. Perhaps someone who has
been to Paris recently would care to comment.

Don W.