Larry Larry is offline

Default cruising the canals of europe

Wayne.B wrote in
news
On Thu, 03 May 2007 01:00:29 +0000, Larry wrote:

What a great way to spend an entire summer in
England...

Why England when you could do the same thing in the south of France?
The French cooking and wines are *much* better, scenery about the
same.

I sail with an English captain. I've been to France a few times, as well
as England. You have to stay a few weeks in both places to see my point.
It's not the place so much as the people.

English, Welch and Scottish people have always been so warm to me, a
complete American stranger. I cannot say the same for the French my
father risked his life to help recover their country. I wouldn't.

Give me a warm pub in a country village with those great ales they've
been making for a thousand years every time. Hell, they're just across
the quay where you tie up the longboat!...(c; ......not to mention those
wonderful freckled English girls I don't need an interpreter to talk
to...

Larry