posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito Vito is offline

Default Here there be dictators.

Beyond all the retoric about patriotism and freedom, which have zip to do
with Bush's Blunder in Iraq, we have the fact that there was no reason to
invade Iraq to begin with.

An international consort of religious kooks, sometimes called al Qieda,
perp'd the 9/11 assault and alot more. These powerful fanatics, led by
Osama, controlled Afghanistan. Hell bent on world control, they are
everybody's enemy. They are still on the loose largely thanks to blundering
Bush's deversion of resources to Iraq.

Saddam was the strongest bulwark against al Qaeda in the region if only out
of self preservation. Osama had a price on Saddam but I doubt blundering
Bush has collected. Removing Saddam opened the door to al Qaeda in Iraq.
Had the resources - troops, material and, most important, intellegence -
remained directed at the people who attacked the USA on 9/11 then Osama and
his followers would be dead instead of Saddam and there would be no civil
war in Iraq. That they are not, but instead are operating in Iraq and world
wide, is a direct consequence of Bush's blunder.

Had Roosevelt been as idiotic as "W" when Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor he
would have invaded Canada or the USSR in retaliation! Worse, like McNamara
in Vietnam and Rummy in Iraq, he'd have micromanaged a stunning military
victory into an awful defeat.