posted to rec.boats.electronics
Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default Ping Larry - Circuit Breakers

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:30:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

Yes, but you'd have to learn English and to spell correctly, such as
"programme" and "colour" as well as learning the sensible and easier
metric system. But, you would get more litres in your gallon. Bloody
Gallons!

I just bought four new tyres for my lorry. Is that OK?

I had to learn proper English back when I drove Morris Minors in the 60's.
One was a drophead coupe with a pointy bonnet and rounded boot that looked
like something out of the 1930's. Morris Minor 1000s were great motorcars.

Larry

Sorry Larry,
Nice try but I'm afraid that we don 't have any "lorries" - the
English have those. We only have "trucks".

On topic (yes, I know - for once); I bought 3 cans/tins (with the self
sealing mechanism that was invented by a NEW ZEALAND Post Office clerk
- pronounced correctly as Cl- Ar-k, not "Clurk" while the USA was
still doing its splendid isolation thing in the 1890s.

The Trinidad company gave me the price in gallons, the coverage in
gallons and the antifouling paint in gallons. I calculated and
estimated 3 gallons. I received 3 "1 gallon" cans with the advice that
they contained " a bit more than a gallon" - actually 5 litres - and
priced accordingly but their rate was "per gallon - why didn't they
say so in the first place?

Larry, even with your appalling ability in both the spoken and written
English language, you would be very welcome in my country. You are the
type of American we like as opposed to the monied ones (not at all
sour grapes) who arrive to live due to the lifestyle etc and then set
about trying to change it to the busy lifestyle they "escaped" (to use
their word) from. "You Kiwis shoiuld do things like we do in the US of
A" and buying beach and lakeside properties and trying to restrict
public access despite the "Queen's chain".

You'd like it down there.

The only thing you may miss is that neither you nor your offspring
will be likely to be able to die in a patriotic fashion for your
country in the near future at least. We buy our oil in the norm al
manner without the loss of our lower socioeconomic group's lives.

cheers
peter