posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default How many more?

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

Hey! I'm gayer than you by a wide margin and I own a bunch

of guns. That
said, I think there are many types of guns that should be

banned, and others
whose availability should be strictly controlled. Who

really needs a cheap,
imported $100-200 "throw-away" semi-automatic pistol? All

those are good for is
committing street crimes, shooting family members by

mistake, and holding up
convenience stores. Who needs a semi-auto with a huge

clip?

Someone who doesn't like to reload so often.

Who needs a fully
automatic?

Who really needs a sailboat?

Personally, I have no problem with mandatory requirements

that gun owners
(especially handgun owners) be screened, licensed, and

insured. Owning a gun is
a right, but it's also a huge responsibilty. Hey, to get

my carry permit, I had
to go through all sorts of red tape. Had to get letters of

support from folks
like the chief of police, and make the case for why I

should be allowed to carry
a concealed weapon.

When I wanted a permit to travel outside the state the

hurdles got even higher.
They won't just give you one for asking. I'm glad that's

the case, and I don't
feel it infringes on my rights one bit.

if they gave you a permit, that just goes to show how much
any type of gun control is flawed.

SV

Despite the fact that I have guns and know how to use

them, if I heard a prowler
inside my house, the first option is to hide under my wife

and
call the police .

Oh brother.