posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default How many more?

In article ,
Charlie Morgan wrote:
Hey! I'm to the left of you by a wide margin and I own a bunch of guns. That

I own several also. g

said, I think there are many types of guns that should be banned, and others
whose availability should be strictly controlled. Who really needs a cheap,
imported $100-200 "throw-away" semi-automatic pistol? All those are good for is
committing street crimes, shooting family members by mistake, and holding up
convenience stores. Who needs a semi-auto with a huge clip? Who needs a fully
automatic? Try and buy a bazooka and you'll find there is already plenty of
precedence for banning certain types of weapons.

Agreed. But, I think Bill was talking about hunting rifles and such.

We could start by banning all guns not made in the USA. That would keep American
manufacturers manufacturing here - an added benefit. I think most gun owners
would applaud that individually, although the nutty NRA would have a ****-fit
over it. It would also mean Saturday night specials would start to dry up.

I like it.

Personally, I have no problem with mandatory requirements that gun owners
(especially handgun owners) be screened, licensed, and insured. Owning a gun is
a right, but it's also a huge responsibilty. Hey, to get my carry permit, I had
to go through all sorts of red tape. Had to get letters of support from folks
like the chief of police, and make the case for why I should be allowed to carry
a concealed weapon.

Remind me not to **** you off. g

Despite the fact that I have guns and know how to use them, if I heard a prowler
inside my house, the first option is that my wife and I would go out a window
and call the police on our cell phones. We sure as hell would avoid confronting
them if at all possible. We would have a lot more to lose than they do. It's
something we've given plenty of thought.

Nah, just start blasting... g

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com