posted to rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Tribolet Chuck Tribolet is offline

Default Ping Larry - Circuit Breakers

Be glad he had your do that exercise with the metric tape. That's much safer than counting on
someone who doesn't do it regulary to do the math right.

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:15:20 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
m:

I shall certainly miss having instant access to expertise such as
yours when i set off again - No, I'm not being patronising. I only
wish it was available when i built my boat.

Too bad for both of us. I've been to Oz, but never to NZ or Tasmania. I'd
probably be hard to get rid of and they'd have to deport me....

Larry

Yes, but you'd have to learn English and to spell correctly, such as
"programme" and "colour" as well as learning the sensible and easier
metric system. But, you would get more litres in your gallon. Bloody
Gallons! I normally use about 2 x 5 litre cans of antifouling. Have to
do a calculation to order the stuff here in Trinidad and to ascertain
the coverage. Ordered a backstay with the eye to eye measurement in
sensible millimetres - don't have a tape with feet and inches - man
had to unroll his tape, get me to mark the metric length and transpose
it to the other side in imperial. Ridiculous system of measurement.

If you like to make things difficult, why don't you use cubits as a
measure of length - these are of differing lengths - The Egyptian
cubit, the royal cubit, the Assyrian cubit, the Babylonian cubit and
so on.

cheers
Peter