posted to rec.boats.electronics
Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default Teaching "There Is A Heaven"... on 8-24-97

Good Morning Larry,
I have just received an education. I had no idea of all that Tesler
achieved. Prior to this and before spending 5 hours last night in
reading all this stuff and the extended links, any reference to Tesler
in my brain was a vague knowledge of him inventing the Tesler coil.
The man was brilliant and practical at the same time. He deserves to
be promoted at least as well as Edison if not more so.

There are a lot of parallels to this such as the fact that Fleming was
not the discoverer of the effects of the penicillium mould as we have
all been led to believe and which is often punblished as fact. Did you
know that the medical application research for penicilin was done by
the British during the war? They developed it but The American
companies took out patent rights and thus receive the royalties. We
learn a lot of misinformation.

Thanks for this; and I thought that I knew almost everything.

I also didn't realise that Ham radio was so young.

cheers
Peter

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 02:09:56 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

It wouldn't interest you apart from the
knowledge that if Marconi had been there to invent radio, they could
have chatted over the Ham waves instead of travelling and getting
frustrated by the delays of the then postal system.

Marconi didn't invent radio. He was merely pointing out practical uses
for Nikola Tesla's patents at the time. His radios were licensed by
Tesla.

A New York Times reporter visited Tesla in his hotel room and tried to
upset Tesla over the Marconi transmissions. When asked what he thought
of Marconi's success, Tesla waved his hand and said, "Yes, I know. He's
using several of my inventions."....and went back to reading his paper...
(c;

http://www.pbs.org/tesla/ll/ll_whoradio.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/anniversary.htm
http://www.ccrane.com/library/tesla.03.19.03.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_of_radio

Fessenden was famous for his alternator transmitters...also a Tesla
invention...the father of AC power.

Larry