posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Teaching "There Is A Heaven"... on 8-24-97

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

It wouldn't interest you apart from the
knowledge that if Marconi had been there to invent radio, they could
have chatted over the Ham waves instead of travelling and getting
frustrated by the delays of the then postal system.

Marconi didn't invent radio. He was merely pointing out practical uses
for Nikola Tesla's patents at the time. His radios were licensed by
Tesla.

A New York Times reporter visited Tesla in his hotel room and tried to
upset Tesla over the Marconi transmissions. When asked what he thought
of Marconi's success, Tesla waved his hand and said, "Yes, I know. He's
using several of my inventions."....and went back to reading his paper...
(c;

http://www.pbs.org/tesla/ll/ll_whoradio.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/anniversary.htm
http://www.ccrane.com/library/tesla.03.19.03.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_of_radio

Fessenden was famous for his alternator transmitters...also a Tesla
invention...the father of AC power.

Larry
--
The Smithsonian Institute refuses to allow small school children to
donate a Tesla bronze bust to display in the electrical section because

While looking at the Edison display at the Smithsonian, one of the minor
curators happened to pass me and asked me what I thought of their Edison
exhibits. I told him I found them very ironic. "How so?", he made the
mistake of asking. "Well, the exhibits are all lit with Tesla's
flourescent lights, not Edison's bulbs, running off Tesla's multiphase AC
power coming from a nuclear power plant hundreds of miles away whos steam
drives Tesla's multiphase alternators, just like they did at Niagara
Falls to power Buffalo and Rochester, NY.", I noted. "I think this whole
place, seeing as how Smithsonian refuses to admit TESLA invented it all,
not Edison, should be powered by damned DC current driving light bulbs
with no transformers, no AC motors powering the elevators and staircases,
no Tesla devices at all...such as remote controls, radios, flourescent or
any kind of arc lamps in the parking lots.", I continued as he became
defensive. "It's only fair, you know.", I concluded, walking away.

The Tesla education continues.......
http://www.rense.com/general6/tesla.htm
http://www.pbs.org/tesla/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tesla_patents

Someone complained about how much water was wasted running a water
fountain, someplace. So, just for the hell of it, Tesla invented a high
capacity pump, running off one of his AC motors, of course, that used an
auger screw in a pipe to give the water fountain an unlimited supply of
recycled water. There's a patent in the list.

Noting how much time it took to make steam generating turbines to drive
his alternators, Tesla proceeded to invent a vaneless, tiny little steam
turbine that only consisted of very-closely-spaced metal disks. His
model could produce 210HP and could be carried around by a couple of men.
It turned up some horrendous RPM, far higher than other turbines of the
day and was far more efficient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...neOriginal.png
Too bad they didn't get in BOATS.....HA!! ON TOPIC!!