Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default Ping Larry: Sintered Bronze

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 01:07:51 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

My wife's people (Maori's) in New Zealand

Wow...lucky guy! Maori women are a truly beautiful set of genes...(c;

Larry

Correction Larry,
Gene carriers - remember your Dawkins or do you wish chapter and
verse. I'd have to look it up.

If you like Dawkins (personally I think he is a pompous English prigg
- but he may act differently to Americans. In Australia he was rather
patronisingly superior to the colonials but it could also have been
nervousness), you should like Gerard Diamond. The first book of his I
read was "The Third Chimpanzee". Perhaps it is because my formal
education was in Zoology that I find him interesting but I admit to
being disappointed that he made no mention that North Americans have
only descended from the trees more recently than the population in the
Antipodes. I was hoping to find a scientific rationale for the
American failure to appreciate really good coffee - straight black and
strong (Hello Vic Smith)

Seriously though, he provides some thought provoking concepts that I
know you will enjoy. From memory, he talks about conditioning for mate
selection - pink painted mother rat's nipples causing the male
offspring to prefer mating with females with similar painted nipples
and a hoist of other thought provoking concepts. I know that you will
enjoy it. If you cannot find a copy let me know and I shall send you
one as a small payment for your valuable help.I have kept my copy and
have bought copies for other people as I don't want to lend mine.

cheers
Peter