Larry Larry is offline

Default battery charger seems to have died

Don W wrote in news:Ho4Yh.1053
:

I thought the reason we bought boats was we are
incurable optimists who haven't come to grips with
the realities of owning large complicated pieces
of equipment yet... ;-)

Don W.

I've always found it odd that the simplest of boats, say a 14' fiberglass
runabout with a 2-cylinder, 2-stroke outboard motor and the simplest of
steering consoles, is priced EXACTLY like a small car that has 4
independently-suspended wheels/tires/disc brakes/complex ABS computer-
controlled braking, a complex, turbocharged 4-cycle 4 cylinder engine
with dual overhead cams, a 4-speed automatic transmission that,
disassembled on a workbench, looks more complex than the space shuttle.
It has power windows, the boat has no windows, no top except this little
rag drawn tight over a tubular aluminum lawn chair frame so flimsy you
can't lean against it. It has 4 doors with locking latches that can
withstand a fairly good side impact without opening, not present on the
boat's simple plastic hull made by spraying a chopper gun into a mold in
20 minutes. It has a trunk the boat doesn't have, with electric locking
lid and remote control. It comes with air conditioning they want an
extra $3000 for on a boat much larger than our example which is open to
the weather.

But, alas, googly-eyed buyers don't ask why......It's crazy!

Why does a simple fishing motor cost the same as a brand new Honda
Nighthawk 250cc, 4-stroke, dual overhead cam motorcycle with 4-speed
transmission, hydraulic suspended tires (tyres) on beautiful rims of
polished chrome or aluminum with custom graphics? The damned fishing
motor is just PAINTED!...NOT EVEN PRIMED! It's made of pot metal! Why??

Larry
--
The Honda has no prop??