posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default My son this, my daughter that....

Bob, Dave is the only one here prattling on about his daughter's
schooling and career. Notice that he makes no mention of her being
happy. I could care less about what Thomas ends up doing for a career,
so long as it makes him happy. Maybe he'll want to work with wood or
sheet metal, perhaps he'll be a person who loves to cook or clean
windows 40 stories high. If it makes HIM happy, then all is well. Dave
seems happy with his daughter's career and schooling, but I seriously
doubt that he knows if SHE was or is happy now. That type of goal
oriented parenting is typical for the rat-race generation and excactly
why we're living here. As Suzanne said to me two weeks ago, people are
just happier here. Part of it is the children of course, but there's a
myriad of stresses removed from life out of the city that allows for
superior inner focus.
I do hope Dave's daughter is happy. He'll jump in and claim she is.
What else can e say, not knowing the truth?: Let's hope she is.

RB
35s5
NY