Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default battery charger seems to have died

In article ,
Larry wrote:
(Jonathan Ganz) wrote in news:f0o9ki$dj7$1
:

Yeah, don't doubt it, but this was connected to a real 110v.

Have we put our AC voltmeter across the terminals of the charger's AC
input?

The charger, when I finally was able to remove it so I could get to
the terminals was toast. It smelled big time, and even after having
been off for a day, was still fairly warm. Glad it didn't cause a
fire. Well, it was turns out, put on the boat in 1991. I guess it's
time came. The DC Amp meter on it was brown. :-}

And, the batts are toast also... they were also pretty old, so it's
not a big deal.

The charger's breaker could have corroded contacts or have just failed.

If it's got AC, unplug the boat from the dock and open up the charger so
you can see its hidden little fuse that probably blew.

If the charger had shorted out, you wouldn't have had any problems
smelling it when you opened that hatch...

Your batteries are toast, being left in this deep discharged condition
long enough for you to read this. You should have rushed to Walmart and
bought an automatic battery charger to recharge them LONG before now.

I got a new charger ... Protechi 1220i. I'll be picking up new batts
in the next couple of days.

It's only money... :-}
--
Capt. JG @@