posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default My son this, my daughter that....

So, Bob, you don't have any kids, right?

Scotty

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
Yes, they all do great and wonderful things under the

control/tutelage of
controlling/demanding parents.

After a few years out of the nest what do they become on

their own device?

Take our own CWM. The finest private schools, then on to

Harvard. Where has
he ventured when he became captain of his own ship?

Someone help shove him
off of the sandbar of life.

The lists of accomplishments, the awards, the schools all

mean nothing. They
are simply tools. Some are given great tools but go on to

mediocrity.
Others, out of nothing go on to greatness. The

psychological torture must be
extreme for those who are supplied with the mightiest of

tools and bouyed by
the highest of expectations and go on to find they are

happiest in a
position that disappoints all those whose shoulders they

stood upon.

The greatest thing a parent can do is arm their child to

think for
themselves, to help them find out who and what they are

and give them the
courage to pursue and be that. To have a child make up for

things a parent
missed out on in life is a neurotic upbringing. The child

exists to fill a
void of another person rather than to add another

dimension to one's life.
How selfish and cruel!

Amen!