posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko Wilko is offline

Default Washing Dry Suit Seals: Rinse?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Somebody's got me convinced that it's worth the time to wash my
dry suit's seals in a little warm soapy water after use (to
extend seal life by getting rid of sunscreen & body oils)

Does anybody else do this?

If so, do you take the trouble to rinse the seals after washing?

I don't bother with the soap or the warm water, but I tend to rinse the
gear in fresh water after each use, whenever possible. My latex gaskets
last for a long time, but I think that is just as much from careful
donning of the jacket, drying and storing it out of the sun as it is
from rinsing away any sunscreen oil.

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe