Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default U.S. Coast Guard Makes Biggest Cocaine Bust in U.S. History

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:05:57 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:38:21 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

I don't disagree with that. I don't argue for incarceration. Rather
removal of privileges is suitable to my way of thinking.

It's a good thought but "removing privileges" requires enforcement,
etc. If you have a sub-culture that is already breaking the law by
abusing drugs, is it any more likely that they will voluntarily abide
by a "loss of privilege"? As an example, there are incredible
statistics about the number of people still driving with suspended or
revoked drivers licenses. Unless you go to a total police state with
embedded ID chips and constant checkpoints, it's not likely to work in
my opinion, and let's be careful what we ask for... :-)

Good point.

Prohibition it is then. :)