druid druid is offline

Default So how do you start a Dickinson Newport cabin heater?

On Apr 23, 9:34 am, wrote:

I am about to install a heater for my next boat. Correct me if I am wrong
but I think that this type of heater has the heat to go up the cabin and
nothing below your belt. I would benefit from your comments.

That's why you install a fan on the ceiling! In fact, most of the heat
radiates from the chimney, so yes, you definitely need a fan on the
ceiling, pointing down, for optimum performance. Most days I don't
bother turning the fan on: the heater heats my Catalina 36 main cabin
fine just on setting 1.

Another Thing To Do is add a heater-coil (Dickinson will do it as an
option internally, or you could just coil some copper tubing around
the chimney), then pipe the resulting hot water to a radiator, say, in
the forward cabin. If you do it right, you MAY be able to use
convection and not even need a water pump.

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org