thunder

Default Ronald Reagan

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:00:53 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Once again, that needs clarification. Stripping prisoners naked and
humiliating them in order to break their will is not "torture" IMO. In
fact any psy-ops technique is not "torture". To me, torture is a physical
act that results (or could result) in physical pain, a lasting physical
deformity, and/or death.

I would agree most of what we have "seen" is abuse and not torture. But
let's be clear, there were deaths that *could* have been the results of
torture.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...157003,00.html

When you say "we", I assume you mean our government and our military in
general? Well, then "we" don't "torture" prisoners. A few bad apples in
our military "tortured" prisoners.

Yeah, but . . . we have a *policy* of turning over suspects to third
countries that we *know* use torture. In any court of law, that is an
accessory before the fact and it would take more than a few bad apples.

http://www.hrw.org/press/2003/04/torture.htm

http://talkleft.com/new_archives/004282.html