posted to aus.electronics,rec.boats.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc

Default Adjustable voltage regulator for car alternator

John Popelish wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
John Popelish wrote:
What does this failure tell us about the PIV rating of the
trio? Not much, I think. You don't know that thew trio
failed from excessive voltage. Could have been a bond
failure that overheated one of them.

All three diodes were open.

So what do you conclude caused this failure, if anything?

I have no idea. All I found was four lugs and burnt plastic ash.
There was nothing left to do failure analysis on.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida