Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Am I going to hate Garmin more than Micro$oft?

"Charlie Morgan" wrote

If you connect your GPS to the USB port on your laptop and connect to
Garmin's
website, it will automagically get your serial number for you.

It would have been nice it it had said that on the web site instead of
telling me to look for serial numbers in places where they weren't. A big
note to register the GPS first would also be good. I followed the other
directions properly except for registering first and it didn't send back an
error message but simply made up a bogus serial number.

In you other post you mention that it is easy to delete units. I just went
back and through the site and don't see any choice for doing that. I tried
right clicking, hitting the delete button, clicking "More Information", etc.
If it's there, they don't make it very obvious.

I'm beginning to think that the underlying system is better and more robust
than the poor web site design would indicate though.

--
Roger Long