Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Am I going to hate Garmin more than Micro$oft?

"Dennis Pogson" wrote

One tip Roger. When selecting charts to upload to the unit, you may
overlook
the fact that some larger area charts contain smaller area charts, ie the
same area is covered on 2 or more charts, but be aware that the detail
contained in the small area chart can be substantially greater than that
contained in the large area chart, so that zooming in to a large area
chart
does not give you the same amount of detail as using the smaller area
chart.

Are you saying that, if you have both charts loaded and active and zoom in,
the unit will give priority to the large scale chart and suddenly present
you with no detail as you sail into a bay or harbor? This is a very
important point because it could lead to loss of a boat and life in a high
stress situation. Having to suddenly go back into set up and turn off the
large scale chart just as I'm entering a harbor would probably be enough to
lead me to Ebay the whole thing. I'll check this on mine but I'd appreciate
your (or other Garmin user) clarifiying as these kinds of operation are not
always consistent.

The road / chart conflict I know about. That's why I'm segregating road and
marine data on two separate data cards.

--
Roger Long