Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Am I going to hate Garmin more than Micro$oft?

(If that's possible)

I install the Blue Charts. It asks for the serial number of my GPS which it
says is either on the bottom of the unit or the box.

No number on the bottom of the unit. No number on the box.

Over on the right are instructions for displaying the unit ID. No choice
for GPSmap76cx but a line listing all the other 76 units. I select that.
It says, "Click Menu twice then System Info".

I do that. There is no System Info choice. I look in setup and a bunch of
other menus and places. There is no System Info anywhere.

I open up the case. There is a sticker in the battery compartment with the
right number of digits. Its the only number anywhere in the packaging or on
the unit that is the right length and isn't molded into the case. I get my
unlock code.

The web page and email that send me my unlock code list the GPS as "unknown"
and with a different serial number! I load some charts on a data card and
stick it in the GPS.

When I turn the GPS on, I get a message saying it can't unlock the charts.
Sure enough, there's nothing there except the base map.

I look back at the email with the unlock code. It says, "If you are having
trouble, contact us here." I click.

It says, "WEB PAGE UNAVAILABLE!"

I've seen all the warnings that there are no refunds for unlock codes.
Wadda you bet that, after spending an hour waiting on the support phone line
tomorrow, they tell me I'll just have to purchase another unlock code?

Now that I've spent all this money, is managing this thing going to be the
never ending nightmare of frustration that Micro$oft has beaten us into
accepting as the human condition?

--
Roger Long