Bob Bob is offline

Default 'Ghost yacht' found off Australia

On Apr 20, 3:17 pm, Bill wrote:
It was, until the giant clams ate them.

CWM

I would rather have giant clams than tiny crabs........

Hi: I only hope I am the cause of similar conversations and jokes when
I end up missing. "...Sailor eaten by giant clam....." It has a good ring
to it.

The cause of the missing cat crew??? Sometimes it is numbingly simple,
For example, about 10 years ago in SE Washington somebody got sucked
into a concrete irrigation ditch that went underground. So a fire-
rescue "dive team" shows up. They send one man down to retrieve the
victim. He does not return. They send another "diver" down to rescue
the teammate. That guy doesn't respond. They send a THIRD "diver" down
to get the other three victims....................... NOBODY returns. Four dead in a
ole hole.

Its not unusual to have the rescuer become another victim. That's why
life guards learn escape maneuvers so they can escape an active victim
hell bent on standing on your head.

That's why I go recreational SCUBA diving by myself, sail single
handed, and drink by myself.
In all cases I feel safer. Besides Im the only person who enjoys my
company when drunk.