posted to rec.boats.building

Default plastic barrels and floating docks

"Larry and a Cat named Dub" hdyman58 wrote in message
.. .
Speaking from someone who used barrels DON'T
it will be rock and roll heaven. If you do make it double wide! Go floats
the full length

I agreed with your statement. Today or this week end I'll send you both a
photo of the barrels arrangement. They have to be gaged in pair at each
end.

"mark" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am going to build some floating docks but before I re-invent the
wheel I would like to get some opinions. They will be 16' long by 3'
wide and at either end I would put a plastic barrel under it, inside
the frame. The frame would be 2X8 rough sawn Juniper and the decking
would be 1 1/4" X 3 . First of all would this be stable or want to
roll, should I put a 3rd barrel in the center? If the barrels were in
a framework but free moving could they act as rollers to help when
pulling the docks out of the water. The beach is very gradual. I am
doing this on the cheap so I am not buying any floating dock hardware,
brackets, plastic floats etc...Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks